Al Hassan Switchgear
Oman-based Al Hassan Switchgear Manufacturing Company L.L.C (AHSG), began as an assembly workshop in 1992, now has seen dynamic growth and is today one of the largest established and integrated manufacturers in the GCC in terms of turnover, product range and technology. AHSG is a manufacturer of complete range of Low Voltage switchgear and serves all segments of the market starting from critical oil and gas projects to building projects with optimal tailor-made solutions. In 2014, AHSG engaged SSA to help bring in Lean transformation in its factory in Muscat.SSA conducted a comprehensive diagnostic study and identified the pain points and improvement opportunities thus setting the stage for a long-term partnership with this prestigious client.
The key deliverables achieved were
- SSA’s Lean RMAOR® methodology was applied to systematically identify profit leaks and their countermeasures
- End-to-end value stream transformation was undertaken (order taking to dispatch)
- Lean manufacturing cells were setup, plant layout was transformed in order to create flow thereby cutting down lead time, improving productivity and quality
- Planning, scheduling, design, estimationand supply chain interfaces were streamlined in-order to facilitate faster turnaround and fewer defects
- Sustenance dashboards were created and periodic audit/reviews were put in place in order to embed continuous improvement practices in the organisation.
- Manufacturing lead times reduced significantly
- Achieved over 25% improvement in direct labor productivity
- Lead times dropped significantly andservice levels improved; this initiative helped tone up the operations and make it future-ready
- Overall quality levels improved thus leading to better customer satisfaction levels
“We engaged SSA to help bring about lean transformation in our switchgear manufacturing factory in Muscat.SSA went above and beyond its contractual commitments to ensure that the change initiative took root and sustained in our organisation to give us lasting value. We thank SSA team for all their hard work and wish them all the best.”
- Abbas Jamal, CEO, Al Hassan Manufacturing & Trading SBU